Salads are probably one of my favorite meals in the whole entire world. You can make them as fancy or as bare-bones as you want. Here's a salad that YOU need to try!
If you're new to MommiesRun (hi!!!), you may not know that every year I grow a kick ass garden. My family loves cucumbers and tomatoes and it's so amazing to be able to go in my backyard and pick fresh veggies from the vine. This year, I only planted cucumbers, tomatoes, banana peppers, sweet peppers, and jalapeno peppers because these are our favorites.
Because the garden is in full bloom, I really wanted to make a salad that would put my veggies to use. I had also grabbed a bag of avocados the other day at Costco, so I decided a Guacamole Salad sounded perfect.
This salad comes together super quickly and can be eaten plain, topped over a bed of spinach, or even wrapped in a pita! I decided to eat mine plain with a nice topping of feta, because why not?
1 cucumber chopped
2 small peppers seeds removed and diced
2 small jalapeno peppers seed removed and diced
A handful of cherry tomatoes chopped
1 large avocado diced
2 tablespoonsful olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix chopped cucumbers, peppers, jalapenos, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic, and salt and pepper. Whisk together with fork.
3. Pour dressing over chopped veggies.
4. Add diced avocado when ready to serve.
5. Season with more salt and pepper if needed, and enjoy!
Do you have a garden?
Have you eaten any interesting salads lately?