13 in 13: This is actually a year long challenge where I will run 13 races in 2013. I only ran one race in January but that is ok. I have 5 races planned for February and March so I'm feeling good with my progress so far.
Chilly Challenge: This challenge involved running as many miles as possible in January for my team, Team Escapades. I logged 60 miles, and I wish I could have logged more. My nagging ankle kept me back in the last week. Unfortunately, our team lost by about 400 miles (so not all on my shoulders). I really enjoyed this challenge and loved feeling a sense of responsibility to my team!
Start Clean 2013: I pretty much failed miserably at this challenge. I'm not saying that I didn't eat clean, because for the most part, I did. I just failed at keeping up with the daily prompts and the Facebook group. I guess this challenge taught me that clean eating is easier FOR ME, if I just do it. I can't be held accountable to prompts. However, I think Katie did a great job with this challenge, so kudos to her!
New Year New Gear: I don't think I ever wrote about this challenge, but involved having a fitness pen pal and sending each other fun gifts! I'll be writing more about this later :)
1. I'm at 60 out of 1000 miles for 2013. Not terrible but could be better. The ankle has held me back a little but I still feel confident that I can achieve this goal!
2. The only 5k I've run so far was a trail race so I knew that I would not get that sub-30 5K there. I'll have plenty of other opportunities so stay tuned on that one.
3. My next half is next weekend, and I will be pushing for my sub 2:30 goal. Honestly, up until recently I thought I had this in the bag. I hate to bring up that ankle again, but it has seriously shaken my confidence. I guess stay tuned again.
4. The snooze button issue is a giant fail so far. There was only ONE day out of 31 where I did not hit snooze. This is not only a fail, but an epic fail.
5. In my opinion, my blogging has improved this month! I posted 16 times and I was featured on 2 blogs, Healthy Way To Cook and Fitblogger. I've been trying to improve at commenting on other blog. I'm also going to be participating in a February challenge that will help as well (see below).
Jess's February Fitness Challenge: Hit the link and you'll see the coolest printable ever. Jess has created a challenge that will help me get some strength training going. I love that I can print out a chart and make myself accountable.
Katy's 28 day Blog Challenge: I'm super excited about this challenge. This will hopefully help me achieve one of my 2013 goals of growing my blog! It involves making a positive change to your blog or social media every day!
One Tough Mother Runner's photo a day challenge: Long title but fun challenge! This will take place on instagram. Here are the daily photos that we will be posting:
Please feel free to join in and make sure and add me as your friend! Here is my info:
That's it peeps! Thank you for reading this wordy post! Have a fab weekend :)
What challenges are you participating in?
Are you meeting your goals so far?