I don't think it's any big secret that life is tough. Most of us have to work in some way to afford everything we want to do, whether it is shopping, vacations, running races, or whatever. I mean, who ever said running is a cheap sport is a big fat liar. And now, I'm already off topic.
I've been floundering at life lately it seems, and I need to get my sh*t together. How am I floundering, you might be asking? Let me count the ways:
1. My eating has been less than ideal which equals less energy.
2. Less energy means I've neglected some household tasks.
3. I've been scatterbrained and all over the place.
D. I've got several saved blog posts that I've yet to write.
10. I could go on, but why embarrass myself any more.
So why am I putting this out there?
Because I'm sure I'm not the only Mommy who feels this way.
But guess what Mommies?! I'm going to get my sh*t together and you can too! Here's my plan:
- Laundry and Dishes every Damn day. I mean damn. How hard is it to empty the freaking dishwasher and reload it. And just do a load of laundry. It's not that hard. This takes what, 30 minutes tops?
- Take pictures of everything you put in your mouth. I don't know about you, but I eat better when I'm showing the world what I'm eating. I love eating healthy, so why aren't I doing it more?!
- Use my planner. The other night I bemoaned to my Mommy friends, Debi, Jana, and Liz, about my scatterbrain. I said that it would be a perfect excuse to buy one of those fancy Erin Condren planners. But Jana kindly reminded me, it only works if you use it. So I'm going to dedicate 15 minutes every day to my planner and making sure I'm getting sh*t done.
- Devote time to the blog. I'm not making any money off this sucker, but I enjoy it, and I've made some amazing friends thanks to MommiesRun. So I'm going to actually work on becoming a better blogger. I really want a new design but I'm not going there until I prove to myself that I can keep up with posting.
- Wake the F*ck up. I love to sleep. But I think I sleep too much and I need to quit hitting snooze. I'm considering a self imposed rule where if I don't wake up to run, I don't get to run. Meaning my streak could be in jeopardy. Yep, I might put my streak on the line, which not only affects me, but it affects the kids at St. Jude. This rule would greatly benefit my girls who sleep late and would love more Mommy time!
So.....anyone with me?
Let's get our sh*t together, together!
Monday April 28th Eats:
Breakfast: Iced Coffee with soy milk and cinnamon dolce and Clif Bar
Snack: Yoplait Greek Yogurt (disgusting threw away half of it)
Lunch: Salad with chickpeas, egg, feta, tomatoes, strawberries, raspberry vinaigrette and Nuun Energy
Snack: Half avocado with hot sauce
Snack: Quest Bar
Dinner: Veggie Sandwich with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, hummus and homeade vegetarian tortellini soup and diet coke
Dessert: Grapes and Pineapple
Monday April 28th Run:
1 mile for time: 7:42, plus 1 mile cooldown (day 118)
Do you struggle with daily chores?
How much do you sleep per night?
PS. I'm sorry if my language offends. My goal has always been to keep this blog real, and I curse. A lot.